FIAMM SSLA Battery Series
The FIAMM SSLA Battery Series, small sealed lead acid batteries, are designed to cover a wide range of applications. They offer a small footprint making them ideal for critical installations in tight spaces. Installation is simple with these smaller size batteries due to the easy ‘fast-on’ terminals.
These batteries offer unsurpassed and proven reliability and are compliant with the highest recognized international standards. SSLA, small sealed lead acid batteries, use VRLA technology with 99% internal recombination efficiency. They are non-spillable and maintenance free, requiring no topping up of electrolyte during its floatlife. The SSLA series is non-hazardous for air/sea/rail/road transportation and are 100% recyclable. The SSLA series has a self discharge rate less than 2% per month, guaranteeing a long shelf-life.
FIAMM SSLA Series Product Families
- FG is designed to meet medium to long discharge rates and have a design life of 5 years. The available range is in 6V or 12V blocks, with a capacity range of 1.2 – 70Ah.
- FGH is designed for maximum performance in critical power applications, such as UPS and Data center. The range is available in 12V blocks with a capacity range of 5 – 18Ah.
- FGHL is classified “long life” according Eurobat industry standard, which means 10 years of design life. The capacity range of 5 – 12Ah.
- FGC is an ideal solution for cyclic applications, with a design life of 5 years. Range is from 12 – 42Ah.
FIAMM SSLA Battery Series Specifications
- Special lead calcium tin alloy grid, designed to resist corrosion and provide short recharge time
- VRLA AGM technology using low resistance high microporous fiberglass separators
- Leak resistant post seal, faston, flag and threaded female, terminals with high conductivity and maximum torque resistance
- One-way safety relief valves allow gas to escape and prevent the ingress of oxygen
- ABS plastic (for FGHL range flame retardant ABS plastic to IEC 707 FV0 and UL94 FV0 – LOI greater than 28%)
- Installation in any orientation (excluding permanently inverted)
- Float Voltage: 2.25-2.30 V/cell at 25°C
- Boost Voltage for cyclic use: 2.40-2.50 V/cell at 25°C
- Float Voltage Compensation with Temperature: -2.5 mV/cell/°C
- Self-Discharge at 25°C: <2%/month
Standards and Certifications
IEC 60896 Part 21 – VRLA methods of testing
IEC 60896 Part 22 – VRLA requirements
Eurobat “3-5 years standard commercial” for FG FGH
FGC and “10-12 years long life” for FGHL
ISO 9001 Quality Management System
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
OHSAS 18001 Workplace Safety & Health
For more in-depth specifications, see the data sheet.
For more information about FIAMM Batteries,
call 800-876-9373 or email email@example.com.