The Uniflair LE by Schneider Electric offers perimeter cooling for medium and large data center environments. It is efficient and has a low cost of ownership. The Uniflair LE is known for its leading-edge precision cooling solutions specifically designed to maintain temperature and humidity within extremely tight tolerances. Perfect for racked and non-racked IT loads, these products meet the diverse requirements of any data center environment. These intelligent units monitor the status of components and environmental parameter to ensure correct functionality during all modes of operation. When combined with hot or cold aisle containment solutions, the Uniflair LE products can further improve efficiency and achieve higher densities.
Uniflair LE Benefits
- Active response control – Monitors and actively adjusts cooling capacity to ensure proper server inlet temperatures. Through the microprocessor controller, visibility into the operation and status of the unit is provided.
- Direct drive motors – Stress on bearings is nearly eliminated, increasing useful life. Allows integral fan/motor assembly to be factory balanced, which lowers vibration and expedites startup.
- Electronic expansion valve – Refrigerant flow optimization at any load and temperature conditions. Continuous indirect refrigerant charge monitoring
- Multi-functional Microprocessor Controller – Allows the units to restart after a power failure without intervention; Allows for room level redundancy with up to ten units operating in a group; User friendly navigation with icon based displays to indicate mode of operation as well as room conditions; Allows for communication with multiple Building Management System protocols.
- Redundant Components – Single points of failure in the system have redundant compononents to maintain availability and reliability.
- Automatic Floor Pressurization System – Ensures stable airflow pressurization under floor regardless of changes made above the floor
- Building Management Systems – Units are designed to work with the most common BMS systems including BACnet and Modbus.
- Local area network – Creates a shared control between all the available resources for maximum energy efficiency and controlled management of the group during emergency situations
- Network interface – Provides management by connecting the device directly to the network with a dedicated IP address, avoiding the need for a proxy such as a server. Management is available via Web browser, Telnet or SSH. Notification features inform you of problems as they occur.
- Easy service access – Allows for all serviceable components to be replaced/maintained by easily accessible panels/doors.
- Operational Service – Allows critical components to be maintained/replaced while the system is in operation.
- Service monitoring – All the monitoring devices on board the unit allow for preventive maintenance and a check of the working condition of the system while its in operation.
- Economization – Achieved by utilizing cool ambient air during winter months to take advantage of economizer hours and eliminating compressor operation.
- Electronically Commutated Fans – Provide the highest efficiency and reduce total power consumption by matching the airflow requirements to the heat load of the data center.
- Modular strategy – Modular design of the mechanical and control systems allow for gradual build-up of the cooling infrastructure to match the cooling demand of the facility. This greatly reduces CAPEX expeditures and provides deferred investment throughout the life of the facility.
- Tandem compressors – Quiet and efficient operation of compressors, connected on a common refrigerant circuit for staged capacity control (not available for some models/configuration)
Uniflair LE Popular Models Include:
HDCV – High Efficiency Chilled Water Units, Downflow, Backward Curved Fans and Electronic Commutated Motor
TDAV – Direct Expansion Air-Cooled Unit, Downflow with Backward Curved Fans and Electronic Commutated Motor
TDCV – Chilled Water Units, Downflow with Backward Curved Fans and Electronic Commutated Motor
TDDV – Twin Cool Water-Cooled Units, Downflow with Backward Curved fans and Electronic Commutated Motor
TDEV – Energy Saving Units, Downflow with Backward Curved Fans and Electronic Commutated Motor
TDTV – Twin Cool Air-Cooled Units, Downflow with Backward Curved Fans and Electronic Commutated Motor
TDWV – Direct Expansion Water-Cooled Unit, Downflow, Backward Curved Fans and Electronic Commutated Motor
TUAV – Direct Expansion Air-Cooled Unit, Upflow with Backward Curved Fans and Electronic Commutated Motor
TUCV – Chilled Water Units, Upflow with Backward Curved Fans and Electronic Commutated Motor
TUDV – Twin Cool Water-Cooled Units, Upflow with Backward Curved Fans and Electronic Commutated Motor
TUEV – Energy Saving Units, Upflow with Backward Curved Fans and Electronic Commutated Motor
TUTV – Twin Cool Air-Cooled Units, Upflow with Backward Curved Fans and Electronic Commutated Motor
TUWV – Direct Expansion Water-Cooled Units, Upflow, Backward Curved Fans and Electronic Commutated Motor
For more information about Uniflair LE, call 800-876-9373 or email sales(at)power-solutions.com.