EcoStruxure IT From Schneider Electric
The vendor-neutral architecture delivers proactive insights on critical assets that impact the health and availability of an IT environment with the ability to deliver actionable real-time recommendations to optimize infrastructure performance and mitigate risk.
EcoStruxure IT offers more than traditional DCIM, because it is cloud-based
- Visibility with one tap from a smartphone
- Predictive analysis about future risks
- Easy setup and updates through a subscription service
- Scalable subscriptions
- Industry-leading cybersecurity protocols
- Device information, smart alarms and monitoring of all linked devices regardless of vendor
EcoStruxure IT Values Cybersecurity
The EcoStruxure IT platform is protected with mandatory two-factor authentication and high encryption standards. Your data is securely transported to the platform with the EcoStruxure Gateway, which uses an outbound-only connection to ensure no one can compromise your environment. EcoStruxure IT only uses machine data to optimize your experience with the platform, guaranteeing the confidentiality of personal data.
- EcoStruxure IT Gateway – Free software that communicates with your monitored devices, gathering and sending device data for smart alarm notification.
- EcoStruxure IT App – Free smartphone app that keeps you informed of the health of your critical infrastructure and provides you with alarm notification in the event of an issue.
- Web interface – The multi-site remote management web interface provides an overview of your entire physical infrastructure, including lights out sites, with detailed insights, assessments, alarms, and ability to benchmark your assets.
The platform foundation starts with EcoStruxure IT and builds with a series of scalable services such as monitoring software, planning and modeling software, remote monitoring services, monitoring and dispatch services, and custom solutions. Pay for only what your facility requires.
To get more information or log-in, see the Schneider Electric EcoStruxure page.
What is the difference between EcoStruxure IT and StruxureWare?
In simple terms, EcoStruxure is cloud-based while StruxureWare is an on-premise DCIM confined to the local network. The cloud enables advanced features and benefits that aren’t available with on-premise DCIM.
Benefits of EcoStruxure IT
Easy to access – EcoStruxure is cloud-based so information, such as alarm data and notifications, can be accessed from any connected device or smart phone giving you the flexibility to monitor your IT infrastructure from anywhere.
Intelligent – Through the collection of device data from connected IT infrastructure equipment installed worldwide, Schneider Electric can run predictive analytics and send recommendations for pro-active service, and or modernization, based on the performance of the same equipment in similar applications. This data-driven intelligence helps users properly maintain their equipment and prevent downtime.
Enhanced factory support – Asset Advisor comes with 24/7 remote monitoring and troubleshooting by the Schneider Electric Service Bureau. Your on-duty personnel have access to Schneider Electric support through phone and chat via the app. Because they are connected via the platform, the Schneider Electric Service Bureau can view and help manage alarms in real time.
Flexible – The EcoStruxure IT Expert app gives you the flexibility to change the personnel on duty, take yourself or someone else temporarily off-duty, and respond to incidents with just a few clicks on your smart phone. Device alarms are combined into a single incident to prevent an alarm storm. When used with Asset Advisor, the app also serves as a direct connection to Schneider Electric technical support.
Finally, with Asset Advisor, 24/7 monitoring and troubleshooting support are available from Schneider Electric. EcoStruxure IT takes more of a service-oriented approach to DCIM delivering actionable information in a way that’s convenient for users, making it more Datacenter Management as a Service (DMaaS) than a traditional on-premise DCIM.