ABB GE Critical Power Spectra Busway
ABB GE Critical Power Spectra Series Busway is a custom designed modular electrical power distribution system and is available in both feeder and plug-in styles. Spectra Busway replaces wire and conduit in most applications with reduced installed costs and improved reliability.
Spectra Series busway is at least 50% lighter than comparable wire and conduit – and lighter than competitors’ busway, too. This simplifies design, reduces installation time and may lower your total installed cost by up to 75% versus wire and conduit. The compact Spectra Series also allows runs in more places, such as around and between existing structures. Removable isolation joints mean maintenance and modification are done easily and with minimal downtime, which may lower your operational costs versus wire and conduit as your building needs change. Lighter, smaller, lower cost, easier modification.
Customer feedback and structured focus groups provided the foundation for this busway product. Customers asked for lighter and smaller power bus systems that were flexible enough to expand or realign in facilities as needs changed. They needed higher amperage tap-offs and the ability to isolate sections without taking the entire structure offline. They asked for joints that were sturdy, safe and easy to maintain, but were flexible enough to accommodate late-point installation issues.
Note: GE Critical Power is now part of ABB
ABB GE Critical Power Spectra Busway Applications
- Medium to large commercial & industrial applications
- Indoor, Drip-proof IP43, Splash-proof IP54, and Outdoor IP65, IP66 enclosures
- Not for hazardous locations
- Not designed to be imbedded in the ground or in concrete
ABB GE Critical Power Spectra Busway Features
- New Joint Guard Protection System dynamically indicates proper joint tension through color for easy installation and maintenance.
- Lighter Weight mean faster installation than with other busway and lower installed cost that cable and conduit.
- Field-adjustable isolation joint allows for ±½” per joint providing flexibility on the job-site.
- Plug-assist allows for faster, easier installation of plugs which provide power to downstream devices.
- Exclusive Bluecoat Epoxy Insulation provides the industry’s longest insulation life of 50++ years.
- Earth-Bond Integral Housing Ground provides a lower resistance ground path than internal ground bars
- Aluminum Housing with Sandwich Design-GE was the first to break the weight barrier with an aluminum housing that is up to 50% lighter than other Busway
- DC Appplications
Spectra Busway Specifications
- Aluminum or Copper
- Low Voltage (600V or less) Sandwich Busway
- 225-5000 amperes
- UL 857, NEMA BU-1, CSA
- Short Circuit Ratings up through 200kA for 3 cycles