UltraLITE Model ELU Emergency Lighting Inverters UL924
UltraLITE Model ELU Emergency Lighting Inverters UL 924, 1.5kW to 14kW, by Controlled Power, meet the NFPA 101 and NFPA 111 standards and are considered “Life Safety Equipment” and are UL 924 listed as “Emergency Lighting Equipment”. The UltraLITE Model ELU provides the required 90 minutes of emergency backup power, and is 100% compatible with all lighting applications and life safety systems. The voltage regulation and performance characteristics of the Model ELU extend ballast, LED driver, and lamp life, which make this product an advantageous choice over competing lighting inverters. Whether fed from the AC power source or even while in battery mode, the ELU has a peak overload capability up to 1400% to accommodate inrush current from LED fixtures.
Now Seismic-Rated, the ELU has been shake-table tested and meets seismic standards which satisfy applicable portions of the California Building Code (CBC 2016) and the International Building Code (IBC 2015). The verification testing required is recognized and accepted throughout the U.S.
UltraLITE Model ELU Features
- Automatic self-testing, data logging, and reporting per NFPA 101 – 188.8.131.52.3.
- Available Intellistat monitor with color touchscreen display provides the industry’s most advanced life safety system testing available!
- Uninterrupted, regulated, continuous sine wave output for use with “normally on” lighting fixtures and exit lamps, LED and HID compatible
- Standby output for use with “normally off” emergency lighting fixtures
- Delivers highly filtered and spike-free power to emergency lighting fixtures, LED drivers, and “Life Safety Equipment”
- True online double conversion topology provides conditioned, regulated power and 100% reliability to emergency lighting loads
- System approved for 42k AIC source
- High-speed automatic static bypass
- Variable-range logic provides added security during deep brownout conditions as low as -40% of the nominal voltage, without battery consumption
- Dual output voltage configurations: 120V & 277V, 120V & 208V, 120V & 240V, 120V & 347V
- Standard internal make-before-break bypass switch
- Front access distribution, with lockable drop-down panel door
- Field modifiable output circuit breakers (CBs) – Up to 20 pole positions available
- Optional CB trip indicator alarm/light
- NEMA1 enclosure
- Optional zone sensing
- Optional control device override (wall switch, occupancy sensor, dimmer, etc.)
- Optional NetMinder Ethernet/MODBUS/BACnet adapter for remote monitoring
UltraLITE Model ELU Specifications
- Input Operating Voltage Range: +12%, -30% typical, load-dependent, without battery usage; +12%, -15% at full load
- Input Frequency: 60 Hz, ± 2%
- Input Current Harmonic Distortion: < 5% THD
- Output Sine Wave Voltage: Typically 3% output THD with linear load
- Output Regulation: Typically better than ± 2%
- Overload: Up to 125% for 30 cycles, 150% for 4 cycles when fed from the AC power source, or on battery (without use of static bypass)
- LED Inrush Rating: Peak overload capability up to 1400% to accommodate inrush current from LED fixtures (without use of static bypass.)
- Standard Unit Operating Temperature 0°C to 40°C
- C-UL listed to CSA C22.2 No. 141-10 Emergency Lighting Equipment at 20° C to 30° C
- Inverter Efficiency: 90% typical
- Audible Noise: < 50dB
For more in-depth specifications, see the data sheet.
Single Phase Sizes: 1.5kW, 2.2kW, 3.0kW, 3.5kW, 4.2kW, 5.0kW, 6.0kW, 7.0kW, 7.5kW, 8.5kW, 10kW, 12.5kW, 13.5kW, 14kW.