Device Monitoring with PowerChute Business Edition Features
PowerChute Business Edition software provides UPS management, safe system shutdown and innovative energy management capabilities. In the event of an extended power outage, graceful unattended shutdown ensures no information is lost and time to recovery is minimized. Energy cost and CO2reporting provides greater understanding of the energy consumed by IT equipment enabling improved energy efficiency. Highly valued risk assessment reports detect potential threats to availability while advanced analysis features help to identify the causes of potential UPS and power related problems before they occur, ensuring the health of your system.
Device Monitoring with PowerChute Business Edition Benefits
- Power Analysis Graph – Graph power and UPS events by time of day or week to easily identify periodic, recurring power disturbances.
- Power event summary – Analyze power by pinpointing frequent or extended under and over voltages. Alerts you to unusual or chronic power situations that require attention.
- Risk assessment summary – Maximize uptime by identifying potential threats to the availability of your equipment such as aging batteries or insufficient runtime.
- Voltage analysis – Monitors input line voltage over time to ensure it is within high and low transfer parameters.
- Communication Computer Interface Cable – UPS cable provides dedicated serial/USB communication between the UPS and the server, independent of the network.
- Enterprise management system compatible – Make device information available to your preferred enterprise management system by forwarding SNMP traps (events) across SNMPv1, SNMPv2 and SNMPv3 using the PowerNet MIB
- PowerChute Business Edition OS Compatibility – This software supports numerous operating systems and processors.
- System Event Log Integration – Writes events to Windows operating system event logs
- Discovery – Speed deployment by specifying remote networks segments or an IP address range to discover APC UPSs
- Initial Set-Up Wizard – Enables ease of configuration and ensures IT equipment is protected as quickly as possible
- Password Security – User-selectable password protection prevents unauthorized access, authorized against LDAP and Active Directory servers.
- Secure communications – Secured web access via HTTPS, as the default, ensures that communication between the device and the client interfaces cannot be interpreted.
- SMTP Authentication – Secure Mail Transfer Protocol support to authenticate e-mail
- CO2 Emissions Reporting – Monitor the environmental impact of powering your protected equipment.
- Configurable energy costs – Update energy costs as they change to ensure your energy cost reports are completely accurate
- Energy costing – Understand the cost of powering your protected equipment.
- Energy usage reporting – Gain a fact-based understanding of the energy usage of your protected equipment.
- Data logging – Identify problematic trends before they escalate or export the data log for analysis.
- Multiple Smart-UPS Management – Customize your UPS status overview to centrally display parameters such as battery replacement date and runtime remaining.
- Notification – Be notified of problems to ensure crucial situations are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Recommended Actions – Intelligent alarm descriptions coupled with recommended resolutions reduces the need for training and mean time to repair.
- Smart Battery Management – Battery replacement date and Replacement Battery Cartridge (RBC) number available via software user interface which provides a seamless link to order the correct RBC’s online.
- Load shedding – Turn off select outlet groups in a pre-determined sequence to shed less critical equipment and conserve runtime (UPSs with switched outlet groups).
To download PowerChute click here.