HindlePower SCR/SCRF Series of industrial float chargers is designed to automatically control charging rates for a wide variety of battery types and to simultaneously provide full-rated output for both continuous and intermittent dc loads. The chargers are constant voltage devices with automatic current limiting. Voltage regulation and current limiting are controlled by solid-state integrated circuitry to assure maximum performance in minimum space. The SCR/SCRF Series is ideally suited to utility, communications and other stationary charger applications.
Documentation: Spec Sheet/Brochure
Single-Phase Input and Three-Phase Input Applications
- Utility & General Industry
- Engine starting
- Emergency lighting
- Alarm systems
- Railroad service
- UPS Communications & Telecommunications
- Telephone Computers & Control Systems
- Uninterruptible power systems
Features and Benefits
- Component Selection – Electronic and electrical components are substantially derated to assure long life and reliability. Typical MTBF is 100,000 hours minimum. Components are selected or designed to provide a system life expectancy in excess of 30 years.
- Modular Construction – Control circuits, alarm circuits and electrical sub-assemblies are printed circuit board wired or modularized with plug and socket connections for easy serviceability.
- Standard Sub-assemblies – Control modules and many electrical sub-assemblies are standardized across the entire range of charger sizes. This minimizes spare parts inventory and simplifies maintenance.
- Durable – Front panels are recessed to prevent accidental damage to meters and controls. Standard cabinets are NEMA-1 enclosures of heavy-gauge phosphatized steel with an attractive, long-lasting acrylic enamel finish.
- Easy Troubleshooting – A complete service manual, color-coded wiring, test-point identification and circuit-symbol labeling of internal components make troubleshooting easy.
- Ease of Adjustment – Tap adjustments are not required. Output float voltage, equalize voltage, current limit and alarm levels are potentiometer adjustable.
- Ease of Access – Internal components and connections are easily accessible and/or removable through a hinged front door that opens approximately 180 degrees for easy serviceability.
- Ease of Installation – Cabinets are floor, wall or rack mountable and equipped with knockouts for cable or conduit entrance. Input, output and remote alarm connections are wired to easily accessible, internal terminal blocks.
- Operating Ambient Temperature – 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C) without derating
- Storage Temperature – -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- Operating Altitude -3300 feet (1000 meters) above sea level without derating
- Relative Humidity – 5% to 95% (without condensation)
- Audible Noise – Less than 65dBA at any point 5 feet from any vertical surface of enclosure. Typical values measure 55 to 60 dBA at 100% load.
- Ventilation – Units rated 300Adc output or less are convection cooled via NEMA-1 vent openings in cabinet. Units rated 400Adc output or greater have fan-assisted convection cooling with overheat-audible alarm and remote alarm contacts. (Automatic charger shutdown due to overheat is optional.)