UPS for Harsh Environments are a growing category of UPS systems that are built to withstand the stresses of an industrial environment. With floor space in data centers and other climate-controlled areas at a premium, more UPS systems are operating in harsh environments that can include vibration, dust, and liquid splatter. These harsh conditions can affect the life span of regular UPS equipment leading to unexpected failures. But UPS for harsh environments have components, batteries and enclosures that can meet those challenges.
Some industrial applications, such as warehouse space or a manufacturing floor, can expose the UPS to dirt, dust, debris, and wide temperature swings. In these rugged conditions, a failure can be even more challenging to repair, and an uninterrupted power supply even more critical, so it is important to install a UPS that is specially designed to operate in harsh environments.
Our UPS for Harsh Environments are designed to withstand:
- Temperature swings
- Dirt and debris
- Liquid splatter
- Remote or hard to access areas
Power Solutions, LLC offers many options for harsh industrial applications. Our manufacturers have UPS Systems, Batteries and Enclosures that can meet any environmental challenge and help you provide the power your organization needs.
Our Solutions for Harsh Environments Include:
- Alpha UPS, an EnerSys company offers rugged UPS modules with the FXM and Micro lines. Available with hardened outdoor enclosures, wide operating temperature ranges and various mounting options, the complete Alpha UPS system can withstand harsh conditions in just about any outdoor application.
- The Gutor PXC UPS , by Schneider Electric, is a data center caliber UPS combined with the ruggedness of an industrial UPS. The PXC works effortlessly with your facility monitoring systems and offers full industrial design options, a wide temperature range from -10 to +55 °C and is easy to deploy, install and maintain.
- Falcon Industrial UPS modules are specifically designed for the rigors of industrial environments. Falcon offers one of the only agency-certified industrial UPS’s, carrying UL1778, UL508 and cUL listings, as well as CE certification to operate from -30°C to 65°C (-22°F to 149°F).
- The Newmar Rugged UPS Series provides critical equipment with a secure source of clean AC power and is engineered to meet demanding applications in harsh environments with a wide temperature range and features a wide AC input voltage range of 88 – 152V AC.
- The Toshiba 5000 Series UPS is ideal for harsh and dusty environments and is available with or without integrated battery storage and accommodate three-phase power input and three-phase power output and utilizes all-IGBT architecture. The NEMA 3R rated enclosure is capable of withstanding operating temperatures from -10°C to 50°C.