The Alber BCT2000 Battery Capacity Test System tests any size string up to 256 cells, performs constant current capacity and power capacity tests, supports UPS testing using AC load banks, and supports run-down testing using system load. Proper load testing is the only way to determine where the battery resides on its expected life curve. The BCT-2000 Battery Capacity Test System will test any battery in service today and performs a capacity test using a programmed constant current or constant power load and an integrity test using a high current momentary load, allowing identification of weak cells and conduction paths. The data acquisition module acquires all cell voltage, overall string voltage, and current readings.
Alber BCT2000 Battery Capacity Test System Features
- Available in 128 cell and 256 cell versions.
- Optional computer data logging unit provides the display and programming parameters for the test.
- Performs a capacity test using a programmed, constant current or constant power load. This test predicts reliability and remaining battery life before replacement is necessary.
- An integrity test, using a high current momentary load, lets you identify weak cells and conduction paths.
- The BCT is a combination load control and data logging system consisting of a data acquisition module and a laptop computer data logging unit. The data acquisition module acquires all cell voltage, overall string voltage, and current readings and is available in 128 cell and 256 cell versions. The computer data logging unit displays the programming parameters for the test.
- The BCT’s proprietary interface circuits and custom software control all standard Albér continuous and momentary load units. The standard BCT 2000 can be programmed to apply a constant current or constant power load on any battery string up to 600VDC. During a load test, the system records overall voltage, load current, and up to 256 cell voltages. Programmable alarm levels warn of low voltages and can automatically pause testing before any cell reaches reversal or an unsafe state.
CLU Continuous Load Units
The Continuous Load Unit provides the load during a capacity test. It may be used with the BCT-2000, the BDS monitor or stand alone with the Manual Control Box. The Load Units can be ordered in standard configurations or be tailored to individual customer needs. Configuration and design of the resistive elements enable the user to adjust the load in small increments through the entire test system capacity.
- Mounted on lockable, hard rubber casters for portability.
- Computerized control secures safe testing.
- Standard units are available from 21VDC to 270VDC.