Maximize Your Uptime with an Alber BDSU Battery Monitoring System
Unplanned data center outages present a difficult and costly challenge for organizations. While eliminating downtime altogether is a challenging undertaking, organizations can start with the most frequent cause of unplanned outages – uninterruptible power supply (UPS) battery failure. In most cases, the ability to keep critical systems running through power outages is dependent on the UPS. However, a UPS is only as reliable as the batteries that support it. Batteries are one of the most “low-tech” components supporting today’s mission critical data centers but they are the most vulnerable part of an UPS system. While the vast majority of unplanned outages last less than ten seconds, a single bad battery cell can cripple a data center’s entire backup system, particularly if adequate UPS redundancy has not been implemented.
The Alber BDSU systems’ user-friendly management software translates data into actionable insights to maximize the availability of critical power systems dependent on stationary back-up batteries. The simple, intuitive software allows users to set thresholds and alarm notifications, view graphs and trends, and generate reports. The reports have built-in decision support that analyzes the data and provides suggestions for the best course of action. Alber Battery Xplorer (standard) is ideally suited for single site users with a few strings of batteries while Alber Battery Xplorer Enterprise (optional) is ideal for multi-site users with many strings of batteries.
Alber BDSU Battery Monitoring System Features
- Detects open and shorted batteries
- Provides advance warning of an impending battery failure
- Eliminate the risk of human error
- Enables extended maintenance intervals by basing maintenance on the condition of the batteries rather than arbitrarily timed schedules
- Automates all of the IEEE recommended practices for battery maintenance and testing except visual inspections
- Enables extended replacement intervals by basing replacement on the condition of the batteries rather than arbitrarily timed schedules
- Provides documentation to support warranty claims
- Detects and mitigates catastrophic conditions including thermal runaway •
- Minimizes shock, arch-flash, burn and chemical risks by reducing personnel exposure to batteries
- Meets the rigorous safety requirements for test and measurement equipment under UL 61010-1
- Allows users to comply with International Fire Code (IFC) 608.3 by providing the ability to detect and control thermal runaway
- Provides documentation to demonstrate compliance with regulatory standards
For more information about Alber Battery Monitoring,
call 800-876-9373 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.