The Deka Fahrenheit 2V Telecom Battery is designed for demanding Telecom and CATV/Broadband Outside Plant applications. This high powered 2-volt battery from East Penn Manufacturing is a high heat solution ideal for the uncontrolled high temperature environments of telecommunications, Cable TV, and Broadband Outside Plant (OSP) applications.
The Fahrenheit 2V Telecom battery’s exclusive design has been shown to last up to 3 times longer in high heat applications than standard VRLA batteries at 60°C. The Fahrenheit 2V has an operating temperature range of -50°F to 140°F compared to traditional VRLA batteries that have an operating temperature of -50°F – 95°F. Fahrenheit batteries have a full warranty for units operating in temperatures up to 95° F while VRLA units are entitled to the full warranty in operating temperatures up to 77°F.
The Fahrenheit 2V’s Thermal Management Technology System features a Micro Catalyst, Helios Additive, and a TempX Inhibitor Alloy. The Micro Catalyst lowers float current, mitigates thermal buildup, and prevents cell dry out. An exclusive Helios Additive in the negative plate decreases float current by up to 75% to withstand the effect of high heat while increasing life in higher temperatures. On the positive plate, a unique TempX Alloy blend impedes corrosion even under the high temperature extremes.
Existing standard VRLA Unigy II Battery Systems can be upgraded to Fahrenheit using Deka’s SimpleSwitch and replacing the cells only. The Fahrenheit Telecom also offers optimized power capacities, consistent cell-to-cell voltages critical to long-life reliability, multiple configuration options and a range of 81 AH – 1789 AH.
Deka Fahrenheit 2V Telecom Features
- Helios™ Additive reduces float current up to 75% enhancing high temperature life
- Microcat® Catalyst lowers float current, mitigates thermal buildup and cell dryout
- Exclusive IPF® Technology optimizes power capacity, cell consistency, and long-term reliability
- TempX™ Alloy inhibits corrosion under the highest temperature extremes
- Existing standard VRLA Unigy II Battery Systems can be upgraded to Fahrenheit using Simple Switch
- Advanced AGM technology for superior power
- Puncture resistant micro-porous glass mat separators extend life
- Front access design for easy installation and maintenance
- Steel module, maintains cell compression for the life of the product
- Case & cover heat sealed and 100% tested to prevent leaks
- Epoxy-sealed posts eliminate leaks
- Flame arresting, high pressure, self-sealing valves are 100% factory tested
- Computer-aided design and manufacturing control processes and standards to ensure quality products
- All batteries meet or exceed IEEE recommended practices
- Battery design and construction meet UL recognition requirements
Deka Fahrenheit 2V Telecom Specifications
Nominal Voltage: 2-Volt
Rating: Range of 81-1789 Amperes-Hours @8 hr. rate to 1.75 V.P.C.
Positive Plate: >98% Pure lead with tin-calcium alloy
Negative Plate: Pure lead, calcium alloy
Post Seal: Epoxy-sealed
Terminal: Front access
Case/Cover: Flame-retardant, polypropylene – UL 94 V-0/>28% L.O.I.
Safety Vent: High positive pressure, self-sealing w/ flame arrestor
Float Voltage: 2.25 V.P.C. ± 0.01 V.P.C. @ 77°F (25°C)
Design Life: 22 years in float applications @ 77°F (25°C