EnerSys PowerSafe D Flooded
The EnerSys PowerSafe D range of flooded batteries, available in both DU and DSG models, are designed for telecommunications, utlity and switchgear applications.
PowerSafe DU battery models are designed to handle the demanding float and deep discharges typical for telecommunication applications. They feature proven flat plate lead-calcium grid alloy and they’re the largest amp hour capacity four cell battery in the industry, ranging from 310 to 780Ah. The DU series multi-cell construction shortens installation time and reduces the battery string footprint. In addition, PowerSafe DU batteries are designed with the edge of the plates oriented perpendicular to the rack rails for full plate edge visibility. The dual hole (top/bottom) terminal design allows for easy maintenance.
PowerSafe DSG battery models feature a lead-calcium design that reduces the maintenance (watering intervals) associated with lead-antimony batteries. This makes the DSG battery ideal for challenging utility switchgear applications. Its 0.25 inch positive grids are one of the thickest in the industry, making it an excellent long discharge battery and ideally suited for the complex duty cycle requirements of the switchgear application. The multi-cell construction helps to minimize floor space. PowerSafe DSG batteries also have individual posts for each cell to help ease and simplify the integration of battery monitoring and test equipment used in routine maintenance inspections.
All PowerSafe D batteries employ a proven Slide-Lock post seal that allows for natural plate growth over time without degrading the seal. The innovative tongue-and-groove jar-to-cover seal provides reliability with a robust airtight seal.
EnerSys PowerSafe D Features
- Capacity from 295 to 745 Ah
- 20 year life expectancy in float service at 77 degrees F
- Individual posts to monitor individual cell performance
- Slide-Lock post seal design
EnerSys PowerSafe DSG
- Calcium grids — lowest waterloss, lowest maintenance
- Individual posts to monitor individual cell performance in a multi-cell container
- Thick grids provide excellent long discharge rate performance and long life
- 100% Initial capacity.
- Plate thickness: Positive: 0.25 in/6.4 mm Negative: 0.17 in/4.3 mm
- Plate suspension type: Positive: Bridge Hung Negative: Bottom supported
- Sediment space: 1.04 in/26.4 mm
- Electrolyte over plates: 2.88 in/73.1 mm
- Specific gravity: 1.215 standard
- Container: Styrene Acrylonitrile Copolymer, optional PC
- Cover: Made from flame retardant PVC
- Separators: Microporous rubber
- Bolt connectors: Stainless steel, Standard English measure, Hex-Head
- Intercell connectors: Tin plated copper, optional lead plated copper
- Retainers: “Vitrex” — glass fiber
- Float voltage settings: Acceptable min/max: 2.17/2.26 Vpc, Recommended: 2.21 Vpc
- Posts: Lead plated copper DSG-05 thru DSG-13 — one positive post and one negative post per cell
- Vent type: Flame Arrestor, Fused Alumina
EnerSys PowerSafe D
- Flat plate, lead-calcium grid alloy, well suited for long duration float applications
- Positive and negative posts on each cell allow for monitoring of individual cells
- Standard UL94 V-0 flame retardant cover and container
- NEBSTM level 3 certified for systems with a nominal voltage under 80V
- 0.25” thick positive plates provide long discharge rates and long life
- Lead plated copper posts – one positive and one negative post per cell
- Cover – standard PVC UL94 V-0 LOI>28% Container – standard PC UL94 V-0 LOI>28%
- Separator – microporous phenolic with “Vitrex” glass fiber retainers
- 1.215 specific gravity nominal at 77ºF (25ºC)
- Intercell connectors – lead plated copper; optional tin plated copper
- Operating temperature: 32ºF (0ºC) to 104ºF (40ºC)
- Recommended temperature: 68ºF (20ºC) to 86ºF (30ºC)
For more information, call 1-800-876-9373 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.