NorthStar Red Long Life Telecom Batteries deliver long life for reliable and unreliable grid conditions. The NorthStar RED long life battery is ideal for use in a range of applications, including telecom backup, cable TV, emergency lighting, railway, oil and gas and more. If high temperature is not an issue but you want long life in the 20⁰-35⁰C (68⁰-95⁰F) range regardless of the electric grid quality, the NorthStar Red battery using our pure lead, long life (TPPL) technology is an ideal choice. The battery has a recharge time of 6 hours from 50% SOC to full charge.
NorthStar products are designed to be ultra-high performance and premium quality, with a much longer lifetime than standard products. But to build batteries to such a high standard requires the latest robotic processing and manufacturing technology. That’s why we built the industry’s most technologically advanced battery manufacturing facilities in Missouri, USA. All NorthStar RED Batteries are proudly made in the USA. Our facilities are also built and run to meet the toughest possible environmental requirements, to prevent lead poisoning of the surrounding air, ground and water.
NorthStar Red Long Life Telecom Batteries Features and Benefits
- Pure lead electrochemistry greatly increases temp and corrosion resistance, while reducing component aging
- Thin plates deliver large surface area, high power density and low resistance
- Design life 15+ years at 20°C (68°F)
- EUROBAT design life definition: Long Life (12+ years)
- Fast recharging
- Operating temperature range -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to 149°F)
- State-of-the-art automated manufacturing ensures consistency and reliability
- Shelf life of up to 24 months
- Advanced 3 stage terminal design to ensure leak-free operation – brass terminals provide maximum performance
- High modulus Polyphenylene Oxide (PPO) plastic materials designed to withstand extended elevated operating temperatures and maintain high battery compression essential for reliable operation
- Non-halogenated, thermally sealed plastic casing
- Flame retardant (UL 94 VO) and LOI of at least 28%
- Approved as non-hazardous cargo for ground, sea, and air transport – DOT 49CFR173.159(d), (i) and (ii)