NorthStar’s NSB 12-540 UPS Batteries are ideal for use with data centers and other applications where downtime is not an option. Specifically designed for mission-critical applications. North Star excels at high-rate discharge and recharge, extreme temperature range, deep or shallow cyclic applications.
NorthStar UPS products provide more energy in a smaller footprint, longer battery life, are faster to service and safer to use. Already dominant in the telecom market, front access cabinets are now experiencing an increasingly high demand in the UPS and power quality markets – and are slated to become the primary solution to these segments within the next few years.
Specifications for NorthStar NSB 12-540 UPS Batteries
- 12 volt, 506/540 Watts/cell
- Dimensions: 13.6 in L x 6.8 in W x 10.8 in H
- Weight: 99 lbs
- Terminal Type: Female M6 x 1.0 Leak Proof
Features of NorthStar NSB 12-540 UPS Batteries
- Performance excels at high rates of discharge and recharge
- 15 year float life at 20°C (68°F)
- EUROBAT design life definition: Long Life (12+ years)
- High energy density
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to 149°F)
- State-of-the-art automated manufacturing ensures consistency and reliability
- Unmatched quality control and construction techniques ensures long life and optimal performance
- Advanced 3 stage terminal design to ensure leak-free operation – female M6 brass terminals provide maximum performance
- 2 year shelf life at 25°C (77°F)
- High modulus Polyphenylene Oxide (PPO) plastic materials designed to withstand extended elevated operating temperatures and maintain high battery compression essential for reliable operation
- Non-halogenated, thermally sealed plastic casing
- Flame retardant (UL 94 VO) and LOI of at least 28%
- Pure lead, advanced valve regulated AGM batteries ensure power when it is needed most.
- Top access terminals ensure ease of installation and maintenance
- Approved as non-hazardous cargo for ground, sea, and air transport – DOT 49CFR173.159(d), (i) and (ii)