The ASCO 7000 Series Low-Voltage Power Control System is custom-configured and manufactured to parallel standby and utility sources for both low and medium voltage applications to meet the complex emergency and prime power requirements of mission-critical facilities. The 7000 Series is designed, manufactured and thoroughly tested and certified to the toughest global standards, for operations of all sizes and requirements.
The benefits of paralleling different power sources include;
Utility Load Curtailment – When utilities direct users to reduce demand, facilities can use generators to provide supplemental power instead of curtailing load.
Peak Shaving – To avoid demand charges, facilities can run generators to replace a portion of utility power during peak use periods.
Parallel Utility, Generators, and On-Site Renewables – Parallel two or more power sources to enhance reliability, reduce energy consumption, and lower energy costs.
Monitoring and synchronizing generators is essential for any electrical system served by more than one power source. The 7000 Series PCS synchronizes and connects multiple sources after comparing voltage, frequency, and phase angle. They can parallel multiple bus segments to connect priority loads quickly. Generator Load Demand maximizes the efficient use of standby generator capacity by adding or removing generators according to demand. It ensures reliability and availability by connecting sufficient power when needed. It conserves fuel and reduces engine-generator wear-and-tear by operating fewer generators at higher efficiencies.
ASCO 7000 Series Low-Voltage Power Control System Features
- Parallel up to 32 generators and parallel generators with utility feeds and renewable energy sources
- Provide segmented bus to increase availability and connect multiple generators more quickly
- Control up to 128 automatic transfer switches and/or electrically operated circuit breakers
- Measure real-time demand to add and shed loads according to available generation capacity
- Employ redundant controls to enhance reliability
- Prioritize loads to ensure the most important circuits receive power first
- Fully customized sequences incorporating load banks, fuel systems, battery systems, UPS’s, and other related systems
- No traditional (external) load share components are required
- Manually control the connection and disconnection of both loads and power sources
- UL 1558 construction, listing and labeling. UL 891 also available.
- 24″, 42″ and redundant 24″ screen choices
- IBC Seismic and OSHPD certification
- Modbus® and BACnet communication options
ASCO 7000 Series Low-Voltage Power Control System Specifications
|System Voltage||600V Max.|
|Isolated Bus (Open-Transition)||Yes|
|Generator Soft Load/Unload||Yes|
|Utility Tie (Momentary Closed Transition)||Yes|
|Utility Tie (Soft Load/Unload)||Yes|
|Main Bus Amp size available||Up to 10,000 A|
|Switchgear Standard||UL 1558 (Std.), UL 891 (Opt.)|
|Bus Bracing level, kA||Up to 200|
|Arc Resistant/Arc Protection Relaying||Optional|
|Enclosure||Type 1 /Type 3R|
|Generator Paralleling Breakers||1 or 2 per cubicle|
|Max. Generator Breaker Frame Size||3200 A (2), 5000 A (1)|
|Tie and/or Utility Circuit Breaker Available||Optional|
|Master Controls||Integrated | Segregated|
|Master Controls Touch Screen||24” Std. / up to 42”|
|Redundant Touch Screens||Optional|
|Engine-Generator Info Screen||Yes|
|NFPA 110 Generator Monitoring||Yes|
|Redundant Master PLC||Optional|
|Redundant Master I/O||Optional|
|Hardwired Manual Paralleling||Standard|
|Bus Load Optimization||Standard|
|Generator Load Demand||Standard|
|Max Number of ATS for Load Control (MO DCB)||32 Std. / up to 128|
|Max Number of ATS for Load Control (EO DCB)||32 Std. / up to 128|
|Main Bus – Maximum Segments||8|
|Generator Controls||Integrated | Segregated|
|Generator Synchronizer Type||Digital|
|Hardwired Backup Controls||Standard|
|Generator Controls Touch Screen||Optional|
For more information about ASCO Power Technologies products,
call 800-876-9373 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.