The ASCO 7000 Series Medium Voltage Transfer Switch protects medium voltage loads with maintainable and highly proven power transfer switches. The switches can be configured with protective relays and other options to meet specific project requirements. The 7000 Series Medium Voltage Power Transfer Switches are available in a variety of configurations, options and transfer modes, including open, delayed, closed and soft load transitions.
An ASCO 7000 Series microprocessor-based controller (Transfer Control Center) manages breaker operation to transfer critical loads between power sources. Comprising two voltage classes, 15 kV and 5 kV, the Medium Voltage Transfer Switch may be equipped with accessories and options to meet installation requirements. Additionally, custom engineered solutions per specifications may also be accommodated.
The assemblies consist of metal-clad construction, barriered controls, removable element circuit breakers and voltage transformers for functionality at nominal amperage and voltage.
ASCO 7000 Series Medium Voltage Transfer Switch Features
- Draw-Out and Shuttered Vacuum Circuit Breakers with Optional Protective Relaying:
–One (1) Normal Source, VCB for Transfer Switch
–One (1) Emergency, Source VCB for Transfer Switch
- Epoxy insulated copper bus
- Protective barriers per ANSI C37.20.2 and UL 1008A to isolate major components
- Fully integrated multi-section metal clad assembly
- Approved with internal arc classification IAC A FLR, loss of service continuity category LSC 2B and partition class PM
- Engineered to safely provide continuous power in the widest range of emergency and standby power applications including industrial, commercial and business-critical facilities as well as health care campuses
Voltage, current and interrupt class ratings available
|Voltage Classes||Interrupt Classes (kA Symm.)||Rated Current (A)||Construction|
Metal-Clad Switchgear per ANSI C37.20.2, UL 1008A listed, drawout vacuum circuit breakers and utility grade transformers