Vertiv Power Insight helps improve efficiency, protect valuable critical equipment and increase visibility of your UPS and rPDU systems. Power Insight is a web-based software designed for users with a distributed infrastructure who need a way to manage multiple devices. The software is simple to install, easy to use and provides a single interface for up to 100 UPSs and rPDUs. Seamless integration with the VMware vCenter Management Platform for single-pane-of glass monitoring and control of host and virtual machines (VMs), including VM shutdown and migration (vMotion) and the VMware badge.
This complimentary software sends alerts if there are issues with the connected devices and provides a quick way to safely shutdown IT devices based on user-configured parameters. Power Insight enables UPS and rPDU management from a centralized location which improves resource efficiency and is more cost effective. Alerts and notifications via email, SMS (region dependent) or on-screen icons let you know when there is a problem.
Vertiv Power Insight Features
- Receive System Alerts – Receive timely alarm notifications via email, SMS (region dependent) and on-screen icons if a problem occurs.
- Automatic System Shutdown – Protect your physical and virtual servers, applications and data with automatic shutdown in the event of an extended power outage.
- Simple UPS and rPDU Setup and Configuration – Automatically discover devices connected to your network.
- Simple, Remote UPS and rPDU Configuration and Control – Remote access to each UPS and rPDU web interface.
- Monitor System Status and Alarms – Dashboard views of key data points such as connected load, battery charge and runtime on-battery, among others. View summary data, alarms and status of individual devices. Alarm data can be sorted and filtered to create various alarm views.
- Support Redundant Device Configurations – Improve system and application availability with the support of redundant devices.
- Automatic Load Shedding – User-configurable sequential server shutdown to extend runtime for the most critical loads.
For more in-depth information, see the data sheet.