Data Center Cooling Analysis using Computational Fluid Dynamics
The Schneider Electric Data Center Cooling Analysis uses Computations Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to analyze the airflow and temperature patterns of your existing data center. The CFD software creates a 3D model of the physical attributes within the space, as well as the location and performance characteristics of the cooling units, IT equipment, power systems and any other significant equipment within the data center.
The 3D model is used by Schneider Electric to analyze the temperature and airflow patterns within the data center and to determine the effects of cooling equipment failure. The Schneider Electric Data Center Cooling Analysis uses the CFD service to provide a complete and detailed thermal review of your data center.
This service involves a site visit by a Schneider Electric Professional Services Consultant who will collect data pertaining to:
- Physical layout of the space and equipment in the data center
- Data center power equipment thermal dissipation and rack power density
- Environmental conditions
- Cooling capacity and utilization and air distribution effectiveness
- A 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics model of the data center is created based on the information that is collected onsite
- This service provides an analysis of a baseline model, an optimized model, and a maximized model, which stimulates site recommendations
Benefits of a Data Center Cooling Analysis using Computational Fluid Dynamics
- A 3D CFD model of the temperature and airflow conditions in the existing data center provides a baseline visualization of the data center temperature and airflow patterns and identifies excessive temperatures and restricted airflows that can compromise reliability and the availability of equipment
- Predictive impact analysis of new high density loads simulates causality situations and “what if” scenarios that allow the data center operator to model the results of planned modifications or investigate potential failure modes within the data center
- Recommendations to optimize the cooling infrastructure identify methods to maximize the cooling effectiveness of the data center