The EnergySTEP1 Data Center Assessment is ideally suited to a Tier 1 or Tier 2 data center defined as data centers up to 5000 sq. ft. with a maximum of 2 centralized UPS Systems, 8 Computer Room Air Conditioners, 100 Racks, and 3 rows. For larger data centers, refer to our other services, specifically, the Data Center Power and Cooling Assessment or the Data Center Electrical Efficiency Assessment.
The Schneider Electric Critical Power & Cooling Services (CPCS) EnergySTEP1 Data Center Assessment is an easy to order, entry-level onsite assessment of the data center IT white pace. The focus of this service is to uncover the most significant deficiencies in the power, cooling and physical infrastructure of the IT space.
During a EnergySTEP1 Data Center Assessment a Schneider Electric certified service professional will come to your facility and perform an assessment of your data center that will:
- Analyze the data center IT white space power, cooling, physical layout and operations.
- Identify components, layout and operational settings that reduce electrical efficiency, increase energy consumption and compromise availability.
- Review maintenance records and identify threats to the uptime of power and cooling components.
- Create a customized report with recommendations for improvement.
- Provide a general rating of data center subsystems.
- Present a review of report findings, either in person or via a web meeting.
This entry-level assessment is the perfect solution for customers who want to identify the most significant issues affecting energy use and availability in their data center IT space. Schneider Electric will provide you with the information you need to make an immediate impact on the health of the data center.
The specific activities of the onsite data collection and analysis include:
- Visual inspection of the data center and note any potential issues
- UPS and Battery analysis
- Computer Room Air Conditioner (CRAC) Analysis
- Air Distribution Analysis
- Rack Review
- Row Review