The ABB GE Critical Power Flywheel UPS System 50-1000 kVA, using Vycon technology, stores kinetic energy in the form of a rotating mass and is designed for high power, short time discharge applications. The technology includes a high speed motor generator and active magnetic bearings that are used to levitate and sustain the rotor during operation. The flywheel assembly includes a superior control system that provides information on system performance. This innovative technology allows the flywheel to charge and discharge at high rates for countless cycles, providing much superior operation over conventional battery use.
Numerous applications for critical power UPS Systems require short duration backup time, as many mission-critical loads now have other design means to provide long duration power outage support through various hardware and spatial software redundancies.
Note: GE Critical Power is now part of ABB
ABB GE Critical Power Flywheel UPS System Applications
- Datacenters – Cloud, Colocation, Enterprise
- Medical Imaging
- Industrial Critical Process
- Gambling/Casinos Key Drivers
ABB Flywheel UPS System Benefits
- Low Total Cost of Ownership
- High Efficiency
- Small Footprint
- Limited Ambient Cooling Needs
- Simple & Reduced Maintenance Costs
- Simple Installation
- Expandable up to (6) Flywheels in Parallel for increased runtime
- Green, Sustainable Product
- 20 Year Life
- Hi-Speed Motor Generator for hi efficiency, hi power density & hi temperature operation
- Magnetic Levitation System for no lubrication, no bearing replacement, and no maintenance
- Smart Monitoring System for real time data, advanced warnings, remote communications
- Proven/Tested, with over 1000 systems installed and over 13 million discharge cycles
For more in-depth specifications, see the Flywheel brochure.
To learn more about Data Center Infrastructure Management,
call 800-876-9373 or email email@example.com.