The Alpha MODUPS Series is a continuous duty, single or three-phase input and one-phase output, double-conversion, solid-state uninterruptible power supply (UPS). The MODUPS by Alpha, an EnerSys company, is designed as an AC backup power source for critical AC loads. With an operational level of greater than 92% power efficiency the MODUPS uses less power than typical UPS systems.
Modular rectifiers charge the batteries only when necessary and the charging capacity of the system rectifiers are proportional to battery capacity. This optimizes battery recharge time and minimizes the number of rectifiers necessary to support the batteries.
MODUPS Series inverters provide a clean sinewave output power signal to AC loads with its built-in static switch design, it allows a zero transfer time of the loads to the AC bypass available source in case of AC black out. Also, built-in manual bypass switch takes the system down for maintenance safely without interrupting power to loads.
All modules are hot-swappable and each individual module can disconnect itself from the system in the event of failure. Additionally, the scalable architecture of the MODUPS Series allows flexibility for easy future system expansion.
Alpha MODUPS UPS Features
- Optimal system efficiency at 50 to 100% of load
- Additional inverter and/or rectifier modules may be added to the system with no negative impact on system efficiency
- Cordex® switched mode battery charger/rectifier
- Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) inverter with built in modular static switch and internal AC-DC rectifier
- Manual make before break (MBB) bypass switch
- Microprocessor controlled logic and control panel for DC section and AC section
- Input and output circuit breakers
|Model||MODUPS 06-1-1||MODUPS 12-1-1||MODUPS 15-1-1|
|Input Voltage||208 to 240Vac||208 to 240Vac||208 to 240Vac|
|Power Factor||˃0.9 at nominal conditions and 50-100% of load|
|Output Phase||120V/1PH||120V/1PH||120V or 240V/1PH|
|Operating Temperature Range||-32 to 104°F|
|Dimensions (inches)||32H x 32W x 84D|
|Weight (w/o batt)||950 lbs.||1050 lbs.||1100 lbs.|
For more in-depth specifications, see the data sheet.