APC Symmetra MW
400kVA to 1600kVA
The APC Symmetra MW is 400-1600kVA ultra energy efficient, modular, scalable, 3 phase UPS power protection with industry-leading performance for large data centers and mission-critical environments. Symmetra MW redefines high-power UPS technology as a modular, fault-tolerant UPS in the 400-1600 kilowatt range.
Ideal for large data centers, complete buildings, healthcare and other critical facility protection requirements, the Symmetra MW can be scaled for rigorous and changing electrical demands. Symmetra MW provides increased availability through internal N+1 configurability, predictive failure notification and multi-module paralleling features. Setting a new standard for low cost of ownership, Symmetra MW delivers best-in-class efficiency and a reduction in rating of electrical infrastructure- wires, transformers and generators. Slide-in/out power modules, manageable external batteries and self-diagnosing features greatly reduce mean time to repair, and lithium-ion battery solutions reduce battery maintenance and cost. Symmetra MW provides a customizable system in a standardized design for any large on-demand network-critical physical infrastructure.
Optional Lithium-Ion Batteries
The Symmetra MW is available with optional Lithium-Ion Batteries. Li-Ion Batteries can be the perfect choice for your three phase UPS and offer several advantages over traditional valve-regulated, lead acid batteries commonly used in UPS today. Click here for more information on comparing Li-Ion to VRLA batteries.
- Longer life expectancy – Li-ion can double or triple battery service life
- More power in less space – Li-ion batteries take up only about one-third the space of VRLA with the same power
- More forgiving in a wide range of temps – Li-ion batteries can withstand a wider temperature range than VRLA batteries
- Reduced cooling requirements and costs – The wider temp range of Li-Ion can reduce the optimal operating temperature range
- Less weight – Lithium-ion batteries offer a two-thirds weight reduction
- Battery monitoring systems included – Sophisticated battery monitoring systems (BMS) included
APC Symmetra MW Features and Benefits
- Front-access servicing – Simplifies installation and UPS maintenance while minimizing space requirements.
- Parallel-capacity capable – Increases total power capacity by using multiple uninterruptible power supplies simultaneously.
- Scalable runtime – Allows additional run time to be quickly added as needed.
- Scalable power capacity – Reduces UPS over-sizing costs today by allowing quick power upgrades, within the same footprint, later.
- Multiple cable-entry points – Provides flexibility of UPS placement in the room and easy access to install cabling to the terminal blocks.
- Compatible with Schneider Electric’s lithium ion battery solution – Reduces system footprint and weight, cooling and maintenance requirements, and total cost of ownership; offers double the life of VRLA batteries; and improves backup storage predictability and manageability.
- Parallel-redundant capable – Power the connected equipment with multiple uninterruptible power supplies to increase system redundancy
- Generator compatible – Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment when generator power is used.
- Configurable for N+1 internal redundancy – Provides high availability through redundancy by allowing configuration with one more Power Module than is necessary to support the connected load.
- Network manageable – Provides remote power management of the UPS over the network.
- Audible alarms – Provides notification of changing utility power and UPS power conditions
- Battery failure notification – Provides early-warning fault analysis on batteries enabling timely preventive maintenance
APC Symmetra MW Popular Models Include:
SYMF400KG – MW 400kW Frame, 480 V
SYMF600KG – MW 600kW Frame, 480 V
SYMF800KG – MW 800kW Frame, 480 V
SYMF800KG-IP – MW 800kW IP Frame, 480 V
SYMF1000KG – MW 1000kW Frame, 480 V
SYMF1000KG-IP – MW 1000kW IP Frame, 480 V
SYMF1200KG – MW 1200kW Frame, 480 V
SYMF1600KG – MW 1600kW Frame, 480 V