Schneider Electric Galaxy VM
160kVA to 225kVA (480V)
The Schneider Electric Galaxy VM is a highly efficient 480V 3-phase UPS that seamlessly integrates into medium data centers, industrial or facilities applications. Galaxy VM deploys state of the art technology to lower energy costs through high efficiency ratings and the newly innovative ECOnversion mode.
Available in 160kVA, 180kVA, or 225kVA modules, the Galaxy VM can be configured in parallel with up to four modules for added capacity and five modules for N+1 redundancy for a total capacity of up to 1125kVA.
Galaxy VM links to your electrical network using state of the art electrical performances, such as very wide input voltage range, high overload and short circuit capacity, and integrated back feed protection, providing excellent power quality. The highly compact Schneider Electric Galaxy VM also links in with your facility monitoring systems and smart grid requirements and offers both traditional and modular energy storage flexibility that allows tailoring of the solution to specific needs. Galaxy VM features top and bottom cable entry without the need for an additional side cabinet, full front service access, back to the wall installation, and included start up service, making it one of the easiest UPSs in its class to deploy, install and maintain.
Optional Lithium-Ion Batteries
The Schneider Electric Galaxy VM is available with optional Lithium-Ion Batteries. Li-Ion Batteries can be the perfect choice for your three phase UPS and offer several advantages over traditional valve-regulated, lead acid batteries commonly used in UPS today. Click here for more information on comparing Li-Ion to VRLA batteries.
- Longer life expectancy – Li-ion can double or triple battery service life
- More power in less space – Li-ion batteries take up only about one-third the space of VRLA with the same power
- More forgiving in a wide range of temps – Li-ion batteries can withstand a wider temperature range than VRLA batteries
- Reduced cooling requirements and costs – The wider temp range of Li-Ion can reduce the optimal operating temperature range
- Less weight – Lithium-ion batteries offer a two-thirds weight reduction
- Battery monitoring systems included – Sophisticated battery monitoring systems (BMS) included
Schneider Electric Galaxy VM Features and Benefits
- StruxureWare Central compatible – Enables centralized management via StruxureWare Data Center Expert.
- Mimic Diagram – Allows instant access to the status of the UPS.
- LCD graphics touch screen display – Full color text and mimic diagrams that easily display modes of operation, systems parameters and alarms.
- Compatible with Schneider Electric’s lithium ion battery solution – Reduces system footprint and weight, cooling and maintenance requirements, and total cost of ownership; offers double the life of VRLA batteries; and improves backup storage predictability and manageability.
- Paralleling capability of up to five UPS units for redundancy and up to four for capacity.
- LED status indicators – Quickly understand unit and power status with visual indicators.
- Integrated network management – Provides complete remote monitoring and control of the UPS. Enables you to monitor remote UPS’s from a web browser or industry standard Network Management System.
- ENERGY STAR
Schneider Electric Galaxy VM Popular models include:
GVMRB160KG65S – VM 160 kVA UPS Parallel 480-480 V, 65kAIC, Start up 5×8
GVMS160KGF65S – VM 160 kVA UPS Single 480-208 V, 65kAIC, Start up 5×8
GVMPB180KG65S – VM 180 kVA UPS Parallel 480-480 V, 65kAIC, Start up 5×8
GVMRB180KG65S – VM 180 kVA Additional UPS for 1+1 480-480 V, 65kAIC, Start up 5×8
GVMSB180KG65S – VM 180 kVA UPS Single 480-480 V,65kAIC, Start up 5×8
GVMS180KGF65S – VM 180 kVA UPS Single 480-208 V, 65kAIC, Start up 5×8
GVMPB225KG65S – VM 225 kVA UPS Parallel 480-480 V, 65kAIC, Start up 5×8
GVMRB225KG65S – VM 225 kVA Additional UPS for 1+1 480-480 V, 65kAIC, Start up 5×8
GVMSB225KG65S – VM 225 kVA UPS Single 480-480 V, 65kAIC, Start up 5×8
GVMS225KGF65S – VM 225 kVA UPS Single 480-208 V, 65kAIC, Start up 5×8