The Toshiba G9400 Series UPS offers the latest generation of advanced Carrier Stored Trench Bi-Polar Transistor (CSTBT) IGBT technology, considered the “engine” of the UPS. This technology delivers an impressive efficiency curve, as high as 97% and holds strong at loads as low as a fifth of the rated UPS capacity.
The G9400 offers high reliability and a high power density parallel module design in a small footprint. With 97% on-line efficiency, even at low loads, this UPS is ideal for large Colocation or Hyper-Scale Data Centers.
What Makes the Toshiba G9400 Unique?
- Capacitors have a 15 year design life
- Industrial grade fans are designed to outlive the UPS
- Unused capacity goes into Hibernation mode to increase efficiency and TCO
- 3-Year standard factory warranty
This innovative feature dramatically increases UPS efficiency at low loads by allowing you to program rotating “hibernation” of unneeded power capacity. Hibernation mode automatically brings the power modules online as capacity requirements increase. When power demand decreases, unused capacity goes into hibernation. A rotating schedule can be programmed to change the specific power module in hibernation at regular intervals. The reduces the wear and tear on the power modules increasing their useful life.
Example: A 1600kVA system is configured with 4 different 400kW power modules. After start-up, only 1000kVA of capacity is required. Hibernation mode will take one of the power modules offline, reducing the effective system capacity to 1200kVA. At programmed intervals, the UPS will change which power module is in hibernation so the wear and tear on each module is equal over time. If a power module fails or additional capacity is suddenly required, Hibernation mode will automatically bring the “sleeping” power module back online.
Energy Storage Options
Toshiba Lithium Titanate Oxide (LTO) SCiB™ Batteries and VRLA are two energy storage options compatible with the G9400 Series UPS. The charging circuitry of the G9400 Series features a flexible range of recharge operations and offers compatibility with multiple energy storage technologies including SCiB, VRLA and Wet Cells without external supplemental charger circuits.
G9400 Series Features
• True VFI Double-Conversion UPS
• 7th Generation Carrier Stored Trench Bi-Polar Transistors (CSTBT)
• Parallel Module Design
• Small Footprint & High Power Density
• 97% Efficiency for Lower Operational Cost
• Electronic Battery Isolation for Battery Longevity
• Wide Input Voltage Range +15%, -20%
• Input Current THD < 3% Typical
• Input Power Factor > 0.99
• Generator-Friendly Compatibility
• Complete Front-Access for ease of Installation, Operation, & Service
• Toshiba RemotEye®4 SNMP and/or Modbus TCP Edge Network Card included
• 24/7 Monitoring by Factory Experts
• Three-Year Warranty
G9400 Specifications – 480 V
Model Number – 480V
Voltage Frequency Independent (VFI) True On-Line, Double-Conversion, All-IGBT Technology
480 V Three-Phase, Three-Wire + Ground Dual Input (Factory Configured with Bus Bar Jumpers for Single Input)
-20% to +15%
480 V: Three-Phase, Three-Wire + Ground
60 Hz (+/- 0.01% in Free Running Mode)
480 V Standard (Adjustable for Specific Energy Storage Systems)
32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
5% to 95% Non-Condensing
133.9” W x 35.5” D x 81.0” H
169.3” W x 35.5” D x 81.0” H
192.9” W x 35.5” D x 81.0” H
For more in-depth specifications, see the data sheet.