Eaton Intelligent Power Manager (IPM) software provides the tools needed to monitor and manage power devices in your physical or virtual environment. This innovative software solution ensures system uptime and data integrity by allowing you to remotely monitor, manage and control UPSs and other devices on your network. IPM provides a solution that is easy to use and maintains business continuity.
Eaton Intelligent Power Manager Benefits
- Remotely monitor and manage multiple devices across your network from a single interface
- Suspend non-critical virtual machines, consolidate critical virtual machines and shut down unused servers to extend battery runtime
- Initiate a virtual machine move or graceful shutdown in the event of an extended outage
- Set server power consumption limits for extended battery runtime with Cisco UCS management software or HPE OneView
- Automate disaster avoidance with a planned migration application, such as VMware Site Recovery Manager and Microsoft Live Migration
- Integrate with VMware’s vRealize Operations Manager using Eaton’s Infrastructure Management Pack to manage health, risk and efficiency of power and environmental devices
Simplifiy Power Management
IPM simplifies power management across the network through a single, web-based interface, giving you up-to-the-minute information on the status of power in your network. IPM provides additional management capability for HPE OneView and Cisco UCS environments. Integration with VMware vRealize Operations Manager and vCenter dashboard lets you manage power to your virtualized environment. Additionally, IPM works seamlessly with several virtualization platforms, such as Citrix® XenServer, Microsoft SCOM, OpenStack, Red Hat® and other Linux open source platforms.
Eaton Intelligent Power Manager offers three versions—a basic edition, silver license and gold license. The gold license—our premium offering—provides the most complete set of capabilities including the ability to monitor and manage third-party power devices in addition to Eaton equipment.
|Number of nodes supported||Up to 10||Up to 100||Up to 500|
|Shut down server and host without crashing||*||*||*|
|Shut down storage module to keep data safe||*||*||*|
|Discover third-party devices from one dashboard||*||*||*|
|Customize the data monitored from your device using|
|Group multiple devices to be acted on as a single device|
with configuration policies
|Take basic actions (server, host and storage shutdown)||*||*||*|
|Plugin for VMware vCenter||*||*||*|
|Plugin for Citrix XenCenter||*||*||*|