This issue highlights: Efficiency and Cost Savings with GE OneStep Edge
Efficiency and Cost Savings with the
GE OneStep Edge Cabinet and GP100 Rectifier
Data Centers are all about efficiency. GE’s new OneStep Edge Cabinet and GP100 3Phase Rectifier were engineered to deliver more density, power and efficiency with less energy loss, cable, heat, and environmental impact.
The GE OneStep Edge Cabinet:
- Completely removes power supplies from the equipment rack space giving you 42RU of usable space
- Accepts 480V and distributes it down the rack to up to eight rectifiers, which are hot-swap pluggable directly into the PDU.
- Brings the user interface for power to the front of the cabinet, so you can swap out power supplies-tool-free-from the cool aisle.
- The back of the cabinet can be used for up to five GP100 rectifiers on the outside, which can be directly integrated into the available slots on the Power Distribution Unit (PDU)
- The PDU is located right next to load-bearing equipment to reduce cable to inches rather than yards leading to less heat generated for a 3-5% reduction in cooling.
The GE GP-100 3-Phase Rectifier:
- The 3-phase, 1RU GP100 is the smallest 3-phase, 6kW rectifier available
- Significantly reduces the amount of rack space needed by power supplies
- Packs 12kW of power in 1RU when side by side – the highest power-to-size conversion technology ever developed for 19″ rack mount applications.
The OneStep Edge can be installed in other vendors’ cabinets, adding just 5″ to the cabinet width. By filling OneStep Edge with up to eight of our 1 RU GP100 rectifiers, you’ll still enjoy the most significant benefit of this revolutionary product-making efficient use of your space by releasing every RU to load equipment. Or, if you’re partial to your current UPS, OneStep Edge can power those also – right where they are in their existing racks.
Let GE Critical Power’s engineered efficiency stars, the OneStep Edge Cabinet and 3-Phase GP100 rectifier improve your data center efficiency. For more information on improving efficiency with your DC Power click here, call 800-876-9373.