Controlled Power SwitchLITE Model EZT UL 1008 Transfer Switch for Emergency Lighting
The Controlled Power SwitchLITE Model EZT UL 1008 transfer switch for Emergency Lighting is a UL 1008 listed Automatic Transfer Switch for Emergency Lighting Applications. The SwitchLITE Model EZT allows dimmable lighting fixtures to function as essential emergency lighting. The Model EZT (Emergency Zone Transfer Cabinet) is designed to automatically transfer up to eight branch circuits to emergency power when normal power fails, and then return to normal power once it has been restored.
Upon transfer to emergency power, lighting fixtures that are dimmed or off are brought to full illumination to provide safe egress. The Model EZT accommodates 4, 6, or 8 individual 20-amp branch circuits, and is ideal for use in a Dimmer Rack Application.
Controlled Power SwitchLITE Model EZT Features
- Soft Start Control with user-selectable 0 to 2 second voltage ramp to accommodate the high inrush current associated with energizing certain types of lighting fixtures.
- User-Adjustable Transfer Delay to and from emergency power to best fit specific applications.
- Remote Command Transfer (RCT) allows external contact(s) to initiate the automatic transfer of all circuits from normal to emergency power during critical NFPA-mandated test periods.
- The RCT input may connect to a Controlled Power Company emergency lighting inverter’s “test active” contact to initiate the transfer of emergency circuits.
- As the Controlled Power lighting inverter automatically performs and logs NFPA-mandated tests, all emergency lighting loads are energized to validate system testing.
- A local keyed test switch is provided to simulate a power failure during manual testing of the emergency lighting and life safety system.
SwitchLITE Model EZT Specifications
- Branch Circuit Voltage: 120 VAC or 277 VAC or 347 VAC, 60 hertz
- Branch Circuit Amperage: Rated for 20 amps maximum each circuit, internally fused
- Number of Branch Circuits: 4, 6 or 8 individual circuits
- Branch Circuit Configuration: Standard 2 wire plus ground, or 2 wire plus ground with an optional low voltage or line voltage ballast control signal
- Single Phase Voltage Sensing of Normal Power Source: 120 VAC, 277 VAC, or 347 VAC (1 wire plus neutral); or 240/120 VAC or 208/120 VAC (2 wire plus neutral)
- Three Phase Voltage Sensing of Normal Power Source: 208 VAC, 480 VAC, or 600 VAC (3 wire plus neutral)
- Emergency Power Input Circuit Breaker Required: 60 amp maximum, 1 pole
- Undervoltage Automatic Transfer: User-selectable at -20% or -50% from normal power nominal voltage
- Adjustable Transfer Delay: Transfer to emergency power 0 to 9 seconds; Transfer from emergency power back to normal power 0 to 15 minutes
- Soft Start Control: User-selectable 0, 0.5, 1.0, or 2.0 seconds voltage ramp
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Listed to UL 1008 Transfer Switch Equipment, Automatic Transfer Switch for Emergency Systems, 10,000 amp SCCR rating
- C-UL Listed to CSA Standard C22.2 No. 178.1, Automatic Transfer Switches
For more in-depth specifications, see the data sheet.