Designed specifically for use in renewable applications, EnerSys PowerSafe RE batteries feature square tubular plates. These square plates provide more surface area on the positive plate exposing more active material to the electrolyte. This combination allows for greater cycling capacity.
Easy use is a key feature in the design of PowerSafe RE batteries. They feature plastic trays with carrying handles, flag terminals and easy-to-read float level electrolyte indicators. Float level indicators mean no more measuring or guessing to determine if watering is needed. In addition, ample watering space reduces maintenance time.
PowerSafe RE batteries can be purchased as single cells with plastic carrying trays or six (6) cell units in steel trays.
EnerSys PowerSafe RE Specifications
- Capacity from 207 to 2208 Ah (in single cell and six cell units)
- Square tubular positive plates
- Float level electrolyte indicator
- Ample watering space to reduce maintenance time
- Flag terminals
- Single cell units come in plastic trays with lifting handles
- Exclusive Square Tube positive plate design yields more energy in the same footprint and a longer cycle life
- Large electrolyte reserve allows for longer intervals between watering
- Included flame arrestor increases level of safety
- External level indicator allows easy determination of electrolyte height
- Single cell units (1RE) have rugged plastic trays with handles for easy installation in hard-to reach locations
- Plastic trays provide excellent corrosion resistance and electrical isolation
- Six cell batteries (6RE) are assembled steel trays with offset lifting eyes for tight spacing in large installations
- Steel trays allow bolting to the floor for safety and security
- All batteries have flag terminals with included cable connectors
- 1.25 SG Electrolyte for long life float service and increased charge efficiency
- Batteries are easily connected into strings of up to 48VDC nominal
- Operating temperature range: -4°F (-20°C) to 113°F (45°C)
- Terminal plates available for multiple take-off cables
EnerSys PowerSafe RE Spec Sheet