ASCO 7000 Series Power Transfer Switch
The ASCO 7000 Series Power Transfer Switch offers high speed transfer of loads between alternate sources of power, regardless of ampacity, using a reliable, field-proven solenoid operating mechanism. When combined with a programmable microprocessor controller with keypad and LCD display, they offer the most advanced method of transferring all types of loads, such as motors, electronic drives, UPS’s and microprocessor-based systems.
7000 Series Power Transfer Switches are available open or enclosed, in ampacities ranging from 30 through 4000 amps with the largest selection of optional accessories offered anywhere. All switching configurations are available with an integrally mounted bypass-isolation switch.
ASCO 7000 Power Transfer Switches are also available in a Service Entrance Transfer Switch and a Bypass Isolation Power Transfer Switch model. See the pages below for more information.
ASCO 7000 Series Power Transfer Switch Features
- Conventional two-position transfer configuration, plus closed and delayed transition modes of operation. All configurations available with either automatic or non-automatic control.
- Listed to UL 1008 Transfer Switch Equipment for Automatic Transfer Switches and Certified to CSA 22.2, No. 178.
- Qualified and certified to IEC 60947-6-1, CE marked (optional). (Limited to certain accessories.)
- Rated up to 600 VAC, 30 through 4000 amps.
- 3 to 18-Cycle Withstand and Closing Rating (WCR) Standard, 30-Cycle WCR Optional.
- Reliable and field-proven solenoid operating mechanism.
- High WCRs including short-time withstand current rating for optimum flexibility in circuit breaker coordination (600-4000 amps).
- Solid, switched, or overlapping neutral conductor options.
- Front replaceable main and arcing contacts (800-4000 amps).
- Programmable microprocessor controller with keypad and LCD display.
- Centrally located terminal block for customer control connections (260-4000 amps).
- 16mm, industrial grade control switches and indicating lights.
- Switch position and source acceptability LED indicators.
- Standard ground conductor connections.
- Four auxiliary contacts, two contacts closed when switch is in normal position and two contacts closed when switch is in emergency position.
- Local/remote communications capability for interfacing with ASCO POWERQUEST® communication products.
- Protected by a comprehensive 2, 5, or 10 year warranty.
ASCO 7000 Series Power Transfer Switch Formats
Automatic & Non-Automatic Transfer Switching
ASCO Transfer Switches are available in both automatic & non-automatic initiation types. Both types are electrically operated. For automatic transfer switches, the controller initiates transfer. For non-automatic transfer switches, the user initiates switching transfer between power sources using switches mounted locally or at remote locations. Non-automatic switches have the following features.
- Sizes from 30 through 4000 amps.
- Microprocessor-based controller provides for addition of optional accessories.
- Controller prevents inadvertent operation under low voltage conditions.
- Low control circuit operating currents allow for long distances between remotely mounted manual control switches and the transfer switch.
- Source acceptability lights inform operator when sources are available to accept load.
- Standard inphase monitor can be activated for transferring motor loads.
Open Transition Transfer Switching
ASCO Transfer Switches are available in a standard, 2-position, open transition configuration to reliably transfer loads between power sources. Loads transfer to the alternate source in less than 100ms. In phase transfer can be activated for transferring motor loads. Open transition switches are suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Available from 30 to 4000 amps.
- Utilizes reliable, field-proven, single solenoid operating mechanisms.
- Single operator design prevents direct connection of both sources.
Delayed Transition Transfer Switching
ASCO Delayed Transition Transfer Switches are designed to provide transfer of loads between power sources with a timed load disconnect position for an adjustable period of time. Applications include older style variable frequency drives, rectifier banks, and load management applications.
- 150 through 4000 amps.
- Utilizes reliable, field-proven solenoid operating mechanisms.
- Mechanical interlocks to prevent direct connection of both sources.
- Indicator light (16mm, industrial grade type LED) for load disconnect position.
- Adjustable time delay for load disconnect position.
Closed Transition Transfer Switching
ASCO Automatic Closed Transition Transfer Switches feature main contacts that overlap, permitting the transfer of electrical loads without power interruption. The switch transfers in a make-beforebreak mode if both sources are within acceptable parameters. Control logic continuously monitors source conditions and automatically determines whether the load transfer should be open (conventional non-overlap mode) or closed transition.
- Available 150 through 4000 amps.
- Utilizes reliable, field proven solenoid operating mechanism.
- Closed Transition Transfer is achieved passively within 5 electrical degrees, without control of engine generator set.
- Additional control wiring not required.
- Overlap time is less than 100 milliseconds (consult your local utility on protective relay requirements).
- Failure to synchronize and extended parallel time indication.